Friday, July 15, 2011

A "tough question, get to know me" Q&A

Q.) How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
A.) I would say 26.

Q.) If  life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
A.) I think in order to embrace positives we would first have to experience negatives. If we only engaged in things that made us happy, we would never be grateful for the happy moments.

Q.) What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
A.) I wish everyone could learn more about the realities of the world around them. I don't think enough people educate themselves on important political/social issues. I think if people were more aware of these things, it would bring about more acceptance.

Q.) If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
A.) My degree is in education for a reason, I love working with young children. But for this part of my life, being a full time wife and mommy-to-be  is what brings me the most joy.

Q.) To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
A.) Maybe 1% haha. Really, It blows my mind how things turn out. The things I thought were the worst moments of my life that were out of my control, eventually lead me to this, so I guess not having control can be a beautiful thing.

Q.) If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
A.) Live for and love every moment of your life, don't take a second for granted.

Q.) If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
A.) The DC area. I know Brandon would like to be back near VT and his friends there, it has a decent industry for his career, and I would be content with raising my children there (in the burbs of course.)

Q.) What are you most grateful for?
A.) Hands-down, that our baby is happy and healthy right now - nothing could make me more grateful.

Q.) Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
A.) That's the thing about life; what I though was the end of the world then, is minor in the grand scheme of things now. The hard part of life is really realizing that moments can be hard, but not end all.

Q.) What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
A.) Summer time and camping. Sleeping in tents, and then ending up in hotels when the crazy New England weather would be terrible. Fishing, canoeing, and having my whole family relaxed and together.

Q.) At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
A.) The last 1 and 1/2 years has been filled with an abundance of passion. I met Brandon, we fell in love so naturally and fast, moved in together, got engaged, had the most beautiful wedding, and are now having our blessed baby. Brandon has brought out a more relaxed and adventurous side of me, and our journey together has ignited a passion inside of me, and I truly feel alive.

Q.) When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
A.) When we first met (and immediately began dating) no one understood Brandon & I "rushing" into anything, but we were so sure of ourselves and the love we have for each other. We were right ;)

Q.) If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
A.) No one, I wouldn't want to focus on the end. That's why I end every phone call with an "I Love You" because no one knows when the end will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment